2.8
Coverage Area

My son told me about a promotion with H2o Wireless that provides a $10 credit when you sign up and $25 credit to the person who makes the referral.Sounds good, right?

My wife and I both signed up and started a new service with H2o, but in each case, both of our $10 promotional credit requests were denied. We received a few conflicting explanations by email (apparently they don't have their service reps on the same page), but the bottom line is that these reps are trained to find some way to refuse promotion claims. Technical assistance with customer service was just as bad. My wife was having problems getting her MMS working after activation and thus she contacted H2o customer service by email.

She stated in her email that she manually configured her APN settings according to the documentation that she found on the H2o website, that the configuration did not work for MMS, and asked for assistance. Instead, she got an email back from H2o customer service stating "This is the correct APN for H2O, please change your apn to this one.", nothing more, no APN setting, nothing. She could only conclude that H2o was confirming that her APN settings were correct and that she should change her settings to the setting she already had in place. That response did not make any sense, so we both assumed that the customer service rep didn't read the entire email, but rather browsed through it quickly and provided a standard preregistered response.

Anyway, we decided that perhaps a phone call to H2o may generate better results. We phoned H2o, and then after 45 minutes of being on hold we got a recorded message stating that customer volume was heavy and suggested that we call back later. After the message we were immediately disconnected. We spent 45 minutes waiting on the phone for nothing!

I decided to take matters into my own hands by experimenting with several APN settings until eventually I found one that worked for both data and MMS. The setting that worked for my wife's phone was a hybrid that combined configurations from 2 other brands of phones. My phone worked with the default configuration. My wife's phone apparently is not in H2o's configuration database, but that's no excuse for not even making an attempt to help the customer.

It took me less than 10 minutes through trial and error to get my wife's phone to work on the H2o network.

Surely an experienced tech can troubleshoot a common problem like this and provide the assistance one expects from a mobile provider.We plan on leaving H2o for a reputable provider.

Review about: H20 Wireless Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Provide both my wife and myself with $10 credit and fix your customer service problems..

I liked: Network and features.

I didn't like: Customer service, False advertising with referral promotions.

Had an Experience with H20 Wireless?

Comments